PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Halloween vignette



Ladies, I have a product that will blow your minds!


Plaid online
Martha Stewart's adhesive stencil film. At first I thought, "Okay, make your own stencils. neat." Then I actually got started and saw how easy and effective this one product was and was so excited! For my first project using this product I wanted something I could use for Fall, Halloween, and possibly for every season. 





 I used an old salvaged door. However this craft can be done on something a little more small scale such as a salvaged window. (Want more ideas on what to do with salvaged windows? Click here.)

For this project you will need:
Your "canvas" ( door/window) 
masking tape 
scissors
craft hot knife
computer and printer




#1 Start with a word or phrase that you would like displayed on your door or window. 

Here, I am using "Welcome." My first thought was to use "Enter" then below "if you dare." This would be a fun version for Halloween. However, I wanted to be able to get continued use out of this piece over multiple holidays.

#2 Using a program on your computer select desired font and size. Then print.

 

 #3 Cut stencil paper and printed word ("Welcome") to a workable size.
#4 Secure printed word on the the BACKSIDE of the stencil paper.

When you flip this back over you will be able to see your printed word through the stencil paper. If you have access to a light table that would be a great option as well.

 #5 Using a craft hot knife trace the outline of your chosen font. Then pull away the unwanted part.


This is where the magic happens. As you trace your word the plastic material just melts away. Then tada! A custom stencil. Imagine how much money you will save by creating your own custom stencils?!

#6 Remove the paper backing and apply the adhesive stencil onto your cleaned surface.


#7 Using a Martha Stewart stencil brush ponce on your favorite Martha Stewart craft paint .Then peel away the adhesive stencil film to reveal the finished product. 




I also added some decorative accents on each side of the stenciled "Welcome" using Martha Stewarts glass paint and silkscreens

(Martha Stewart crafts glass silkscreens are another product I am so in love with!)

I simply added a heavy nail to the door and added a natural, spine-y wreath perfect for the Fall season. With each season I am able to swap out the type of wreath. Propping this door up and adding some special Halloween touches this project adds a creepy little touch just in time for Halloween. 

To see the other aspects of this creepy vignette ::CLICK HERE:: 

Find Martha Stewart Crafts & Plaid crafts:

Be sure to check out my other version using the same method:

 

I received product and payment via The Blueprint Social (www.theblueprintsocial.com) for this post, however, opinions are 100% my own.
Be sure to stop over and visit all the other great ideas for this Fall/Halloween! ;

4 comments:

  1. Holy spookfest! That is really stunning - I love the whole vignette. Thanks for such a clear tutorial on making the stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Amy! That is so cool! I was too intimidated by that stencil film :) Thanks for showing us how easy it is to use! I love your vignette :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vignette is amazing - very welcoming if I dare say! What a fabulous product - I need to whip up my own stencil asap!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladies, if you liked this version you will LOVE this one!! http://www.mommahenscoop.com/2012/10/enter-if-you-dare-spooky-halloween.html

    ReplyDelete